11.11.2009

Addictions of a Gratuitous Nature

Hanky Panky Thongs
This underwear is the CURE to that annoying little bulge even skinny girls get from skimpy underwear. These thongs lay perfectly and once were only available in one size fits all, yet now they are now expanding their offerings and making them in various sizes. They come in vibrant colors and have both high and low rise fits. I’m also somewhat obsessed with their boy shorts. LOVE! I hear they’ve come out with a new t-shirt line!! Super excited to try those next!






Mrs. Meyers Cleaning Products

In my continued effort to make my house more “green,” I’ve recently begun using these products and absolutely love them.

To date, I’ve purchased:

Lavender Countertop Spray- this spray has magical powers. Ever since purchasing my husband magically wants to clean the kitchen. Let me say that again – my husband WANTS to clean. This product smells so delicious (not too strong) and leaves the countertops spotless clean with no residue.

Lavender Hand Soap- I am totally into this hand soap. Bath and Body Works hand soap used to have a large presence in my house, but after discovering this soap I’ll never switch back. It has the slightest lavender smell that isn’t overwhelming but manages to relax me every time I use it!

Lemon Verbena Window Spray - I use this product for the mirrors in my bathroom and our French doors. It works better than Windex and has a wonderful smell to boot.

I would recommend these products to anyone – whether your ultimate goal is to make your home more green or not, you too will fall in love with these products. I‘m dying to try their candles and home fragrances!! Sign up for their e-newsletter and get a coupon for $5 off your first purchase.





Mario Badescu Flower and Tonic Mask

A 20 minute facial in a jar! I’ve been using this product on a bi-weekly basis for about two years after I discovered Mario Badescu Skin Care when I moved to NY (they’re located on East 52nd Street in Manhattan). Don’t live in the city? Fear not! They ship anywhere in the country – if you sign up for their newsletter you’ll often receive coupons for free shipping or free samples of other products. Select Nordstrom stores also carry the line.

The mask feels great going on – similar to the texture of a mud mask – and sits on your skin for about 20 minutes. While it’s drying, you feel your skin tightening and your pores clearing. After you’ve washed it off, your skin will feel clearer and more refreshed as if you’ve just had an expensive facial.

Mario Badescu recommends using the product 2-3 times a week, but I think weekly or bi-weekly does the trick so you can buy it less often.



No comments:

Post a Comment