1.05.2010

New Year, New Me

First let me wish all of you a happy and healthy New Year!!

Over the weekend I hit up Whole Foods and Publix in a big way. I stocked up on organic frozen fruit and bought a fit & fresh personal smoothie maker (LOVE) and picked up some healthy staples to keep at my desk to help me avoid temptation at the office. My list includes:
Honeycrisp Apples
Bananas
Unsalted pistachios, walnuts and almonds
Annie’s Homegrown Bunny Crackers in Chocolate
Natural Peanut Butter
Organic Strawberry Jelly
Frozen Blueberries, raspberries and sliced frozen strawberries
Genuine Health Proteins Powder – a whey protein isolate (the purest form) with no artificial ingredients, corn, egg, gluten, yeast, soy (which I’m allergic to) or wheat.

*NOTE – this is my “bring to the office” grocery list. In my next post I’ll share my healthy “at home” grocery list.

Let me just say it’s only Tuesday but I am LOVING my new repertoire of food at work! Every morning I whip myself up a quick smoothie – two scoops of proteins +, organic skim milk and whichever frozen fruit I’m in the mood for (today was blueberry and strawberry). It’s versatile and keeps me full until lunch (and if not, I can always snack on a handful of the nuts I bought!).

Tonight is my first appointment with a trainer – I joined LA Fitness on December 30th and have been trying to go during my lunch hour but so far that’s only happened twice. To motivate me, my hubby bought me the cutest Reebok gym bag!! (http://www.target.com/Reebok-Small-Duffel-Bag-Carolina/dp/B000W46XNM)



No comments:

Post a Comment